Sunday 9 May 2010

IS THE BODY SHOP STICKING TO ITS MISSION STATEMENT? by Sue

I have been using Body Shop products for years, in fact I was living in Brighton when Anita Roddick set up her first shop in 1976. She chose her location well, the Infinity Foods health food emporium was just around the corner - it is still going strong. The Body Shop was groundbreaking and caught on very quickly. Brighton, which has just elected Britain's first Green MP, has a sizeable 'alternative' eco-minded population against such practices as animal testing and for organic products and fair trade.
When Roddick sold out to L'Oreal in 2007 my immediate thought was that they would abandon her principles and I would have to look around for another brand. However, when I checked out this Body Shop site, it seemed that L'Oreal is upholding the core values and I have given them the benefit of the doubt. If anyone knows any different, please post a comment.
I now have six used pots to be returned for recycling, so at least I shall find out if that principle still stands.

No comments:

Post a Comment