Wednesday 30 November 2011

NATURAL TREATMENTS FOR SINUS INFECTIONS by Sue

In the summer Leaf and I came back from UK with a bug - how unusual! His went pretty quickly but mine developed into sinusitis. After a week I succumbed and went to the doctor. He prescribed a broad-sprectrum anti-biotic, the corticosteroid prednisolone SOLUPRED. It worked but more than that - the side effect was thrush in the mouth. My tongue became very sensitive to hot and cold as did my teeth and gums. Eating was very uncomfortable. I was furious and went back to the doctor to ask for a natural treatment for my mouth. I was recommended a bicarbonate of soda mouthwash. It worked. So, in future, I shall be trying other natural treatments should I get sinusitis again. Here are some:

• avoid mucus-forming foods such as flour products, eggs, chocolate, fried and processed food, sugar and dairy products.
• drink lots of good quality water
• include cayenne pepper, garlic, onion and horseradish in soups, casseroles and stews
• if you can source it, try Japanese wasabi paste with meals - only a tiny bit. It helps with decongestion
• combine 1-2 teaspoons of organic cider vinegar with 6 fl oz of water and a teaspoon of good honey and drink three times a day for five days. It helps thin congested mucus
• again, if you can source it, grapefruit seed extract (GSE) is a natural antibiotic

There are probably lots of other ideas for natural treatments. If you know of one, please either share by comment or send us an email so we can add it to this post. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment